View Single Post
Michelle 08:22 AM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Didn't alot of people die in that big earthquake in SF back in 90/91 I think it was?

I remember going through there in June of 91 and the freeway still being a mess!
really not sure and I don't have time to do the research..
but I can in the evening or weekend.

this is what was told to me right after the Whittier /Narrows quake when our water cooler got knocked off it's base and we had a lot of other minor damage. ( we also lived in a downstairs apt. and I seriously pictured a refigerater falling my head! )

it was my mil and I had 4 kids of my own under the age of 5 and I was scared out of my mind.
we have having so many aftershocks and for some of them we don't even react, we just keep talking or whatever but there is always that thought in the back of your mind." will this get bigger?"
One thing I do know about the SF earthquake is that it was part of a documentary and SF is a lot safer now because of the things they learned.. new building codes etc. but I will get back to you later.

I have never said a "blanket statement "that more people die in other disasters because I don't have the info to back it up.. I just said that it was told to me.