View Single Post
Cat Herder 02:30 PM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by Pestle:
How would you turn it back to the parent?
  • prolonged full-body tantrums
  • hunts for objects in the room to throw over the gate at us
  • roars and thrashes around the room
  • jump up and run away during meal time
  • interrupt during story time
  • lunged at sibling
  • I will not let you hurt your sister," and child screamed "But I want to!" while clawing at the air in the direction of the sibling
  • swats activities from other kids
  • mock and taunt the other children during structured activities
  • takes toys
  • collapsed on the floor
  • have been whining, shrieking, and half-heartedly whacking toys around the other room ever since.
  • Haven't changed out of their pull-up
  • haven't come in for a snack
  • I've pulled the snack table out of their view so they'll leave the other kids alone
  • conversation only elicits roaring

"Hey! Li'l Bubba is up from their nap. Unfortunately, they are too sad to join us for the snack and have been screaming for a while. Since this is making snack time sad for everybody else, they're going to need to head home early today."
I mean this in the most respectable way possible but he is almost 4, not 2. I don't accept those behaviors from a two-year-old there in no way on gods green earth I'd allow it from an almost 4-year-old.

My text would be "Johnny is being disruptive again, this is preventing me from caring properly for other children. This is not age appropriate behavior. I cannot allow this to continue. I am available tonight or tomorrow night at 6 pm for a conference to plan out a new behavior plan because our current one is simply not working, which option works better for you? Thanks in advance."

My clients know this is the death knell and take it very seriously. 30 days without a turn around and they are gone from this point. If another child is injured, that will be his last day. Period. Dot.