View Single Post
daycare 12:51 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by CheekyChick:
Can I give you my (probably unwanted and unpopular) opinion?

I think it's soooooo important to have a backbone and to stick to your policies. BUT, I also think it's good to be flexible. If a parent of mine didn't give their two week notice for vacation, I would just remind them of my policy and tell them (in the future) to PLEASE inform me in advance.

If someone pays late (rarely happens) I tell them "no worries" and have never charged a late fee. 95% of my parents don't take advantage - thank goodness.

I feel in this economy it is important to give a bit. Most of my new clients are referrals and that is because my parents are happy. I would just hate to see you (or anyone on here) lose a wonderful family due to something that isn't a huge deal.

Please don't throw cyber-tomatoes at me.
lol love the cyber tomatoes....

I also agree with this too. I base everything on a case by case basis.

If it were a family that was always good about everything else and just plum scott forgot, then I would do as suggested here and let them have it this time, but let them know out front next time if I don't have a two week notice, I will not honor it.

But on the other hand great job at standing up for yourself, you need to do what works for you and your business...