View Single Post
Unregistered 11:21 AM 07-31-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If you DO have issue with that, then bring it to her attention.

One issue or contractual failure has nothing to do with another.

Just because the provider does not follow or abide by a policy it isn't automatic permission to use that in return.

That's akin to "she hit me so I can hit her back" type thinking.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Also a lot of providers have clauses in their contracts that state that amending or waiving a policy can be done at THEIR discretion without voiding the entire contract. No idea if this is the case in your situation but it's something that is important enough to mention.

First off, thanks for the response back and doing it in a professional, sincere way. I certainly agree with what you had to say about it must be beneficial for both parties. SO at the risk of sounding like I am arguing (which I promise I am not) I don't totally agree with the above statement. While you are absolutely 100% correct, 2 wrongs don't make a right, if I enter into a contract on good faith with anyone, that contact should be honored till its term. Now are there certain exceptions? Of course, if I am constantly late or missing payments then the provider absolutely has the right to not only terminate that contract early, but send me to collections for missed payments. What I don't like is the thought that a provider (whether it be childcare, cell phone, directv, ect) say "hey this is our contract we both signed, but by the way if I tweak it during its term, that doesn't mean it is a violation of my promise to you, my customer. That would be like if I had my salary cut at work and didn't make as much and came back to my provider and said "hey I can't give you the said payment per month because my income has been cut by 20%, so I am going to cut your pay by 5% to even out the lost monies" I write contracts everyday at work and I know if I put that in any contracts to my customers they would tell me to pound sand

Like I said, I really appreciate your advice and I think you have stated your point well, so don't think I am trying to pick a fight. I just know when I have brought a few things up to my provider, she goes right to the contract, which while can be frustrating, is fair, I signed it and agreed to those terms, I just feel like she should honor those same terms.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!