View Single Post
daycarediva 07:38 AM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You know what I don't understand?

Parents that don't think that every single dime they pay their provider is worth what they get in return.

Why do parents feel the need to complain about paying for the few days per year that their child care is closed for the holidays or for personal days.

Isn't YOUR child worth those few extra dollars?

Guess not, because I bet you've never spent this amount of time and/or effort whining to your mortgage, internet or cell phone company or your bank about the payments you pay them. Odds are you probably pay them more each month for something far less valuable than your own flesh and blood.

Shame on you!

Unless your provider plops your child in front of the TV all day long and feeds them nothing but PB&J's you really should be ashamed of yourself for complaining about someone that opens her home, her arms and her heart for YOUR CHILD on a daily basis.

I am truly saddened for every provider that has a client like this and my heart breaks for every child that has a parent that feels they pay the person that lovingly cares for them too much.

THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow, thank you so much for your business minded, yet ethical comment! I'm not sure why daycare providers aren't getting it. As a small business owner this is how I see it as well. But I am not out to take advantage of people in need.
As I stated above, my husband is a small business owner and his mark up is HUGE to include paid holidays for his employees. IF I were to raise my rates, by even .50/DAY it would be MORE to parents in the long run. SO no, I chose to just close and only charge the parents currently using those days instead of raising rates for everyone. Again, if you don't agree to a contract, go elsewhere. In my small town there are 10 providers and we all do things differently. Rate setting/price setting is illegal. We ARE NOT BIG PHARMA.

Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
I don't understand the problem. If you don't agree with the policy why send your child to that provider? Why get upset? Go to a center where they are always open, you pay more but thats so they can hire someone to cover the class when teacher takes PTO. If you don't like what's on TV get up and change the channel, don't cry about it.
Our local center closes for two weeks every year. I NEVER enroll a client seeking to start after New Years because I pretty much know they gave notice to avoid paying the pto and KNOW they will do the same to me.

BC- yes, that is the exact face I make, too. It's always around the holidays. So not only do we take time out of our day/take money out of our pockets to help make thoughtful gifts for the parents from the children, we get b&&&tched at for taking ANY days off. PAID OR NOT. It's a big screw you to the person who cares for your child like her own, for 50 hours a week, 50 weeks a year!