View Single Post
Crystal 02:33 PM 01-11-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
of course check with your licensing, because I was only told that they had to have access to their children. I do not have to allow them past my foyer.

I don't let parents use my bathroom, or their siblings.

when you let parents in the house you are also taking on the risk of increasing liability. what happens if they trip over a toy and fall and get hurt.

Parents need to stay at the foyer where I know it is 100% safe for them to be.
If a parent or authorized rep of the child requests to inspect your home, in spaces where children are cared for, you cannot legally deny them the right to do so. Here are the Title 22 regulations for California Family Child Care Homes related to this topic:

Regulations FAMILY CHILD CARE HOMES 102419 (Cont.)
102419 ADMISSION PROCEDURES AND PARENTAL AND AUTHORIZED 102419
REPRESENTATIVE’S RIGHTS
(Continued)
(1) The licensee shall request the child's parent or authorized representative to sign and date the
bottom portion of the notice form LIC 995A (8/06), which acknowledges that the parent or
authorized representative has received and read the LIC 995A. The bottom portion of this form
must be kept in the child’s file as proof that the parent or authorized representative has been
notified of his or her rights and received a copy of the Caregiver background Check Process, LIC
995E (6/05), and the Family Child Care Consumer Awareness Information, LIC 9212 (10/05).
(2) Whenever a parent or authorized representative makes a request pursuant to Section 102419(a)(8),
the licensee shall note, date, and initial the request in the child’s file. The licensee shall request
that the parent or authorized representative also initial the notation documenting the request.
(3) Reserved
(A) Upon a finding of noncompliance with a plan of correction for violation of Sections
102419(a)(8), (b), (c), (d), (d)(1), or (d)(2), the Department shall impose a civil penalty of
fifty dollars ($50) per day until the deficiency is corrected.
(B) Regardless of whether the licensee complies with an initial plan of correction in the time
allotted, if the licensee subsequently violates any provision of Sections 102419(a)(8), (b),
(c), (d), (d)(1), or (d)(2) within 12 months of the initial citation, the Department shall
assess a civil penalty of $150 plus an assessment of $50 per day until the deficiency is
corrected.
(C) Regardless of whether the licensee complies with the deficiency in Section
102419(b)(3)(B), if the licensee subsequently violates any provision of Sections
102419(a)(8), (b), (c), (d), (d)(1), or (d)(2) within 12 months of the citation and
assessment in Section 102419(b)(3)(B), the Department shall assess a civil penalty of
$150 plus an assessment of $150 per day until the deficiency is corrected.
(e) Upon presenting identification, the parent or authorized representative of a child in care has the right to
enter and inspect the family child care home without advance notice during the family child care home's
normal operating hours.

(1) When inspecting the family child care home, the parent or authorized representatives shall be
respectful of the children's routines and programmed activities.

(f) No family child care home shall discriminate or retaliate against any child or any child's parent or
authorized representative because the parent or authorized representative has exercised his or her right to
inspect the family child care home or has lodged a complaint with the Department against the family
child care home