View Single Post
Play Care 09:54 AM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
I understand what you are saying and YES a parent has every right to come into the childcare and if they wanted to, I do have to allow them to, but I DO NOT have to allow them to hang out.

When a parent comes to possibly enroll, I will show them every area their child will be allowed to play in/sleep etc and they can take the time to inspect those areas at that time.

If a parent walked in and said do you mind if I check out or inspect the daycare after being enrolled for any length of time, of course we have to allow them and of course I would. BUT I would also ask is there something wrong? To me that just seems like they have a concern that needs to be addressed.

Daily I do have parents ask, do you mind if I go watch them play in the backyard through the window and of course I have no problem with that. AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT CREATING ISSUES, like out of control child or the parent just wants to hang out and talk. Sorry I don't have time for that, I have kids to care for and you can call me later when I am free to talk. I do have every right to ask them to leave if they are creating issues, because when they create issues it jeopardizes my ability to care for all of the other children in care. which i believe that in our licensing regs it does state that at no time should another child's needs jeopardize the care of others. Our regs do state under section 102417 that children must be supervised at all times.

If I had to constantly allow for a parent to inspect my home, then I would not be able to abide by that reg.

Nanny de bye bye outside was even approved by my inspector, not giving the parent access to the home daily because of the fact that I was giving the parent prior knowledge that this was going to be taking place every day when they came to get their child. However, if the parent asked to come in I would have to allow them to. In this case if I had a child that needed bye bye outside but would not agree to it, then I would have to term.
I never said you had to allow a parent to hang out. I said IF I had a parent who insisted on hanging out, I would term, because it would mean they didn't trust me. In response to your post I simply pointed out that "hanging" out is another way for parents to try to inspect the day care.

And I even said in my op that I would allow a parent to inspect the day care area if they asked because I have to, but it most likely would mean a term was coming.

I don't like it any better than anyone else. But if it's a reg then it's a reg.