Thread: Santa Claus
View Single Post
nikia 06:13 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
It's not turning into a debate about who believes in Jesus, etc. It was just my opinion on the matter, that you cant expect everyone in your house to believe in what you believe. A belief and a secret are 2 different things, and even though it is your house, you have to be careful when your beliefs are different than someone elses, and beliefs are different than cuss words. I would just tell your child that people believe in different things and that has to be respected.
I do not expect everyone to believe what I do, I do think that there should be a respect for what people do believe. I would not tell their child Santa is real or even God for that matter as that is not what they believe. I think that there should be respect and level of tolerance for other peoples beliefs. I dont think that any age is too young to learn respect for other people and thier beliefs. I asked the mom to talk to her child and explain that we believe a certain way and to respect that. It would be the same with anything God, Jesus, eat organic or not. The list goes on and on.