Thread: Santa Claus
View Single Post
nikia 09:47 AM 11-18-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is AWESOME! I am going to copy that! It goes along with one of my biggest peeve...when people say "X" in place of Christ in christmas! I believed in Santa as a child (and so did my children) but along with some of the magic and fun of Christmas, we still ALWAYS knew exactly why we were celebrating the day. In regards to the original post....I think it was a sad situation that the older girl told the younger one. I still would have mentioned it to parent but I also feel that once your kid gets to school... they are gonna hear all sorts of things so we gotta just take them one at a time and whatever we choose to say to them depends on each child. Good luck and I am sorry that happened to your child. The other girl, even though she is 11, is also just a child and I feel bad for her that her mom or dad didn't talk with her about that type of thing. I let my kids believe in Santa, but they also knew not to ruin it for others when they got old enough. My daughter learned about oral sex on the bus when she was 7 from an 8th grader who liked to tell dirty jokes he heard from his dad.....like I said, they are gonna hear ALL kinds of stuff.

I know they will hear it at school, I know that soon enough she will have to "become the magic" as someone put for her younger sister and the little daycare kids. I was very nice to the mom and didnt blow up and I didnt say anything to the child, as I feel the same way that it is sad that her parents did not talk to her about such things. I just thing that parents need to teach thier children to respect other peoples beliefs and I dont think that any age is too young to teach respect in some way or another. Do we not tell a one year old " No Hit, Hitting hurts" That is how children learn. So when I tell my 7 year old some people dont believe but we do and we respect what other people believe and she gets it I do not think that is too much to ask of an eleven year old.

Anyway this post was not meant to make such harsh things come out next time I will ask the following : "DO YOU EXPECT YOUR DAYCARE FAMILIES AND THEIR CHILDREN TO RESPECT YOUR BELIEFS, NOT AGREE BUT RESPECT AND IF THEY DONT HOW DO YOU HANDLE THAT"

Thanks