Thread: Santa Claus
View Single Post
marniewon 09:10 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
A 4 yr old is not old enough to make a mature decison, thats why parenst are suppose to teach children the way they should go. And of couse all they talk about God God God in church, what do you expect? God is suppose to be the center on ones life. And another thought, I don't know how many of you h ave had your child Baptizied, but if you do, you are making a commitment to that child to teach them all about the Lord and the faith you are baptizing them in, and you are doing that in front of God and all his people, the church.

Now what do you mean might be "fanatical"? A person living for Christ, will be passionate for Him and that's what is expected for us! My child care is a Christ centered childcare because Christ is first and formost in our home. It doesn't sound like you would want your kids in my daycare...but people living for Him would. So there is the difference.
I've sat back and sat on my hands, to keep from responding to this thread. I can't keep quiet any longer. I am not religious. I am a born again, baptized in the spirit, Christian. I do not do religion, I do relationship. I have a close relationship with my loving Father. My loving God determines what I do and He alone corrects me when I stray. He has never told me it's a sin to teach my kids about Santa. He only cares (in my case anyway) that I teach my children about Him. If you feel convicted to NOT do santa, that's YOUR convictions, not everyone else's.

You said yourself that God stands at our (heart) door and knocks, and will only come in when invited. Are you better than God? We were made in His image, and if he will not force Himself on us, then who are you to do that? You are making all christians look bad by your attitude and your judgemental ways. Who are you to judge anyone else? There may be people on this forum who are searching for happiness and peace, through God, but YOU are pushing them away with your attitude!!!! Why would anyone who reads this thread want to do anything that would be anything like you? We are to be witnesses of Christ, not shove it down their throats or belittle anyone who don't believe the way we do. God is loving and patient - why do you feel like you can be anything different?

BTW - if you want to make sure everyone is "religiously correct" you might want to check your facts. According to the bible, parents do not "have their children" baptized. Baptism happens (according to the gospel of John) after a person becomes a believer. It is their decision to become a believer, and then their decision to become baptized. If you are talking about a child's dedication to the church, that's something different (not biblical, but where parents dedicate their child(ren) to God in front of friends/family/church family).

Now, you've been asked by fellow christians, non-believers, both mods, Michael AND the op to please stop! So....PLEASE STOP!!! I'm going to issue you a challenge. Pray to your God about what you are doing and really listen to His answer. Ask Him if you should continue in this tangent that you are determined to go on. If you are praying to the same God that I am - I'm pretty sure that you will hear that you are NOT furthering the kingdom of God - but probably driving people away from Him.

I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but make sure you are not driving people away by judging, but rather showing others the love God has for you in your words and actions.