View Single Post
Unregistered 10:54 PM 06-01-2009
MY middle boy started freaking out on the way to daycare. he would throw full tantrums scrwamnig and crying on the way there,every day fro about 1week. Then he stopped. I realized it was during the time were were trying to transition him into his won bed .He was spoiled and slept in our bed for a lnog time. He was 3 . He would stay up so late (evewn though we tried our best to get him to sleep at a decent time) ,that in the morning ,waking up at 6am was just too difficult for him because he was so tired. I think he was overly cranky (sleep deprived ) ,but also because i was workngo long ohurs and by the time we did get home at night we barely had time to eat dinner,then it was bath and bed. It was very hard. Whcih is why i could'nt work FT much longer. It was hurting the kids.
With that said, his tantrums and begging to stay home with me didn't last long. Ironicly,now that I am staying home with them,I started workngi at the same daycare myself pt and get to see the owner/provider "in action" so to speak and I do feel she genuenly cares for the kids and would never hurt/abuse them. It was a hard time fro my family and we were gongi through a problem with my osn not wantnig to sleep in his own bed,then waking up early.
Im not saying to dismiss abuse or that your child is not getting hurt by another child,but also keep in mind any problems or transitions she may be going through, that might have played a factor. Do'nt feel affended ,just a suggestion to think of these things,because if she is actually gonig through a transition,(new bed,new sibling,less time with parents,etc..) it might just make you feel better about the whoel situation and there might not be anything to worry about. But if your gut tells you something might be wrong ,I'd take my child out. I like the idea of pretending to leave and then spying on your child. Communicate this idea with your provider and if she is willing to go alnog with it, maybe you and the provider wil ldiscover something you both wer'nt aware of.