View Single Post
ConcernedMother 06:29 AM 10-29-2009
Thanks for the information. It really upsets me. I am not the type of person to run out on a debt, and I have managed to purchase a home because of my history of repaying debts on time. It just frustrates me because her numbers don't add up. Here is an example. This is what she states in a message on my voicemail:

Your debt is $1350 as of today. There is also a fee of $50 for pulling the children out without notice so you now owe me $1400.

Here is the problem. When I made the $50 payment the balance she stated was $1350. Even adding the $50 fee that would make my balance go back to $1350...never would it go back to $1400.

(The initial debt, she claims, was $1750...seems pretty steep)

Do you feel that I'm obligated to pay the extra fee when she demanded that I find alternate care immediately? How can I do that and provide a 2 weeks notice? If she kicked my children out, then I shouldn't have to pay that. Also, I paid extra EVERY WEEK. She is screaming in the messages that she has financial problems so she needs payment faster. I really feel for her situation, but her facility cares for over 100 full-time children. Why am I the one that she is squeezing?

In the time that my children went there they stopped providing breakfast and lunch but the rates didn't change. When they stopped providing breakfast they didn't notify the parents. I was furious that my 20 month old and 3 year old were not eating until 1130 am each day. That's too much!

When I started calling other facilities to find a place for my children to go, part of the phone interview process asked why I no longer used my current provider. I simply stated that there were some issues going on at the previous one and I wanted to find somewhere more suitable for my children. I didn't want to rip her name through the mud. The response that I got MORE THAN ONCE was "I have a lot of parents calling me from there. Did something bad happen?" or "I wish I had more slots because it seems like a lot of parents are leaving there." or "sounds like someone is up to their old tricks!" This makes me nervous!

I also found out from a girl that worked there that there was brown water in the baby room, all of the infant swings and such did not work, that a lunch is generally cookies for the babies, and that if they have someone that wants to go home they will fake that a child is sick so that the worker can leave. Keep in mind they have a 24 hour policy. So, if your child is sent home Monday morning, they can't come back until Wednesday morning. That is A LOT of time off of work. My 20 month old was sent home so many times with "diarrhea" yet she NEVER had it once I got her home. As a matter of fact, my doctor got involved and told the daycare that since no one else was seeing these symptoms he wanted them to keep a stool sample the next time it happened. ...it never happened again...

Four different girls were fired from the facility for going to the director with concerns about the facility. I'm finding more and more out as time goes on, and I'm not spreading anything about what is going on. Other than posting here, I have discussed this matter only with my husband. I am not the type to slander another person's name. Still, I'm concerned.