View Single Post
SillyGrl 01:41 PM 05-27-2014
The court can't force mom to stay...but can force kids to stay (which would technically force mom to, also). If he's gone for months at a time, then he'll likely not get full custody.

I actually just went through this thing with my ex. I didn't realize that Kansas required 30 days written notice delivered by certified mail, because our divorce papers didn't have that in it. So, I let my ex know several months in advance, everything seemed fine, he helped me pack up to move to Texas, then turned around and filed an emergency hearing based on illegal move-off, lol. The judge found that I didn't move maliciously (for the same reasons as the mom you're talking about, my ex was gone a lot and all of my family and support was in Texas), so I was okay but there was a chance the judge could have ordered the children returned to Kansas.

They should know by today, unless a continuance is requested. Sometimes it seems like the courts are set up in such a way that makes playing games and dragging things out so easy.