View Single Post
Leigh 06:31 PM 03-13-2017
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
FUMING OUT THE EARS!

I've put myself on the back burner for 2.5 years since opening my childcare. Now my health is taking a hit. I needed 2 emergency root canals this week and had to close today after a weekend of hell. The one root canal took 2.5 hrs so my dentist wanted to schedule me within 7 days to do the other while I was on the antibiotics. I scheduled it for Wed, close at 12 to be at my appt by 1.

It is spring break and all of my DCKs have siblings in elementary school. Out of all weeks this week would be the week for this to happen.

DCM gives me total crap saying I need to have a back up system because "this is ridiculous". I have a substitute that isn't even the state this week. I have it in my policy to have a back up incase I am to fall ill because there will be no kids in my home if that happens.

I am in my emotions and spilled to DCM how Im a one woman show, I work 6am to 6pm on the dot and get no breaks, weekends obviously arent the best for doctors appointments. I told her my teeth are becoming an emergency because of how little Ive been going - due to putting parents first. I told her no more, sorry! She replies "it is what it is."

Sometimes I am seriously over daycare. God forbid Im not around 1.5 days to watch your child, while you have days off/half days/lunch breaks to do whatever the heck you need to do during.

Rant OVER! Happy freakin' Monday!
That takes serious guts for her to hassle you over needing surgery! You are obviously MUCH more level headed than I. I'd have told her to find a new childcare starting now.