Thread: Depression
View Single Post
KTsKids 11:01 AM 02-10-2018
I don't post here very often, I do more lurking than anything. I wanted to respond to you though as I've battled depression for as long as I can remember, as far back as middle school and I'm 35 now. Finding the right anti depressant can be a challenge as each individual responds differently to the various meds. I tried a host of medications and combinations of medications, Zoloft along with an occasional sleep aid is what finally worked for me. Like the others said, it's like night and day once you find the right med for you and it starts working. I noticed a slight difference after about 10 days as it does take some time to build up in your system. I didn't feel the full effect of the Zoloft until nearly a month had gone by, but it was well worth the wait. Coupled with therapy it has been life saving for me!

I found the process of finding the right meds for me as well as waiting for them to take full effect to be super frustrating. Depression zapped my energy and made it difficult to keep going back to the doctor to try different options. The most important thing I can tell you is DON'T GIVE UP!! It's hard, but be patient and keep trying. Hopefully Zoloft works for you as well as it did for me, but if it doesn't there are other meds your doc can prescribe. I hope things get better for you, I think a lot of us have been where you are and can empathize.