View Single Post
JJPlaycare 03:47 PM 10-13-2010
I get a list of field trips and holiday parties from my childrens schools as soon as school starts, if not before and I take off days I want to go! Like today I went on my preschoolers field trip to an awsome farm today and it was the greatest ever to have just a day with her and she MORE than deserves this time with me! I gave out a list of days off in Sept -Dec! However I do not get paid for these days, unless I use my paid vacation days! My parents all have to find back up care, but no one has ever complained as long as they have a good amount of time to make arrangements! Between my husband and myself we usually make a majority of my childrens events at school, but my oldest just started Kindergarten and I have a 3yr old in a preschool program which is 2 days a week, once they get older and probably have more events - I probably won't be able to make as much! My mother is able to sub for me once and awhile as well as my hubby who has been through all of the requirements! That is how I do it anyway....