View Single Post
Unregistered 09:21 PM 07-25-2011
I seemed to be very upset about this and wanted to get a second opinion about it;

My son who is 2 1/2 goes to a Methodist Preschool and I have noticed that the rules there are very strict from others and they put new rules up constantly, to make the their lives as easy as possible. Anyways, so going on I drop my son off to school this morning and as usual we take his breakfast inside and let him sit down and eat his breakfast at his chair. This routine has been going on for a year and a half now, but this morning the teacher wanted to inform me that my son couldn't eat after 9 a.m anymore?!?!

The Asst. Director stairs at me opening up my sons granola bar asking, "Is that his breakfast?" I reply, "well, yes it is." She turns around looking at the clock at then looks at me and says, "Well it is nine o'clock and the kids should have their breakfast before nine bc then the other kids see your son eating and think it's time to eat again." I thought to myself are you kidding me? With my busy life and the same thing has been going on this long, on top of that my son may take less than 10 minutes to eat his meal! The woman then goes on saying as I'm walking out, "C'mon kids and hurry up and eat, I'll give you just two more minutes to eat." I thought this rediculous, when after paying so much for my sons tuition at this preschool did they get the right to even the point to say when my son had to eat his breakfast by a certain time! It's not like I'm feeding him at noon and then feeding him breakfast!?!

I just need to know how other parents feel about this, or am I just overreacting.