View Single Post
bzmommy 09:54 PM 04-11-2012
Great thread! I am excited to read these responses. There are some great sites listed above! I have been thinking about my marketing strategy and although it has worked well so far, I need to stay on top of it. IMO it is so important to have web presence, like your daycare is all over page 1 of google when some searches daycare and "your town". Besides referrals, google is my #1 source of calls for daycare. I have a free website through webs.com I created a few years ago. I also recently bought a domain name from namecheap.com and started building my site using wordpress and have it hosted by godaddy.com. When I created my first site, I got listed in google local (local bus map), I put my x-street, phone and website. I also got listed in local yahoo and bing as a business (all free). I registered with over 20 daycare listing services, online yellowpages, merchant circle, yelp, etc. If you google daycare in my town I come up in several different listings but the first page of google and the first 2 slots are mine. I have been lazy though and and have not updated or relisted some of them.
I don't put my rates or my contract on the web. I don't need my competitors seeing my rates or stealing my forms. Also, I hate it when the first question people have is 'how much do you charge'. That's another topic though

Spring is when the phone starts ringing and although I am full now, I get all the contact info, hours needed, email address of anyone that calls. Then I give them the numbers of a few daycare providers in the area and Resource and Referral's number. If I have an opening, I send out an email (for the ones I seemed to click with on the phone) saying I am scheduling interviews.
I have had call backs from friends of those people that need care - just another way to get the word out.