View Single Post
Leigh 09:17 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by badger411:
I wish I could be as blase as you all seem to be about getting rid of parents. But I have no wait list, and I am just barely getting by already. I already have 3 spots open and no interest. We are living off of our tax refund right now. When school starts and the kindergarten kids leave, I will have 7 spots open and nobody to fill them. If I didn't have kids on assistance, I would just give up my license and get a full-time job. I take the abuse because otherwise I would be losing my house and my car.
Early this spring, I was at 33% capacity. I was bummed out and starting to feel desperate. I went from a waiting list and calls several times a week to kids moving away, parents losing jobs, and I actually termed 2 kids during this period because their mother was a monster. It went on for months, and now I am back to turning people down. The business is up and down all the time. This is the season that we have new daycares opening all over the place and it's going to be more difficult to fill spots. I know, though, that at least half of them will close in less than 6 months, and I'll be picking up their kids.

I'm not blase about terming, but I am adamant about not taking abuse from parents and not dealing with severe behavior problems from kids and their parents anymore.