View Single Post
mac60 03:48 AM 08-11-2011
Don't know where you are located, but right now is not the time to be giving up a job with health insurance. If you have a job with insurance, I would keep it for now.

Since my husband lost his job, we had to go to private insurance. It is very very expensive.

We are carrying two policies right now.

1st policy is: Me, my son and daughter. $234 per month. $5000 per person deductible. Covers NOTHING untill we have paid the $5000 deductible. We pay all office visits, meds, x rays, ER, literally everything.

2nd policy is: My husband. $235 per month. $5500 per person deductible. Covers NOTHING untill we have paid the $5500 deductible. We pay all office visits, meds, erays, ER, literally everything.

Private insurance is extremely expensive, and out of reach to most who need it. We work a part time job just to pay for it. Sucks for me, as I end up working about 65 hours per week between daycare and pt job. This is one of the biggest reasons I want out of the dc business, I am spending a weeks pay for health insurance that doesn't cover anything.