View Single Post
Former Teacher 03:00 PM 09-22-2009
First and foremost, I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words to say at this time from us to you that will comfort you but please know your daughter is now your guardian angel and she will always be.

I don't know about home daycare. I worked in a small licensed center. Rules are different. We can not leave the baby room at all. There must be a staff present at all times. I know that whenever I was in the infant room no matter how short of a time I would always check to make sure the babies were breathing.

You mentioned blankets. In TX we can have NOTHING in the crib. No blankets, no toys, no stuffed animals, no bumper pads, nothing at all.

In TX, if this would occur, naturally it would follow a chain of command. 911 (EMS/police), parents, and licensing. The way I would see it, it would be a crime scene only because a death occurred. You would have the ME come out etc... I don't believe the provider should ve done what she did. She could have very well destroyed the evidence that could have saved her. But like Greta said, maybe she was in shock.

Please keep us posted. Our thoughts are with you.