View Single Post
cheerfuldom 08:16 PM 01-29-2013
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
Not to hijack this thread....but I have a similar question. I am getting a new space I can set up just for daycare use . It is a 10'x 12' bedroom right next to the bathroom. I want to set up centers in that room BUT I have a mixed age group of mostly preschoolers and 1 toddler who is just learning to walk. How would you set up centers without the little one always hitting the edges if bookshelves, cubbies, etc that are not flat against the wall?

Right now everything is set up in my livingroom against walls with the center if the room open (not working out). Also, do you think it would be ok to put his crib in the room? Right now the preschoolers nap in the livingroom on cots and his crib is in my room. I plan on keeping the preschoolers in the livingroom for naps but it would be so nice to get the crib out of my master bedroom.
I would get rid of the crib and get a pack n play. You can get a very basic one for $25 to $50 second hand. Leave it in your room due to space but fold it up on the evenings and on weekends so you dont feel that the kids are taking over your whole house.