View Single Post
nanglgrl 03:17 PM 10-03-2012
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
I do allow them, but it is not my problem if they get lost, fall out when we are outside, etc. The first time they fall out, I put them away in a bag.

I had a dad show up last week with a brush and a hair clip in hand because his daughter wouldn't let him do her hair.

Not my kid, not my problem.
I agree. I have one little girl who always had them fall out and most days I had no idea where (probably outside) but I don't take care of infants so I don't have to worry about it. Her mom recently cut her hair and added bangs, now she doesn't need the barrettes any more as it is no longer in front of her eyes.

I would not do a child's hair either but I would show dad how to do it. I don't allow "I can't" from my daycare children so why would I allow it from a parent? Where does it end? "She wouldn't let me change her from her pajamas this morning can you do it?" I can see it now.

I'm surprised so many providers do hair and change a child's clothing before they leave for the day. I make sure my little ones have clean hands and a clean face but that's where it ends. Our day's are so busy with activities I can't imagine doing all of that but Kudos to the providers that do.