View Single Post
professionalmom 09:57 AM 06-16-2010
This is such a strange issue for me. I have had clients who didn't like that I didn't go places and that her previous provider just takes all the kids with her to run errands. So, I thought, ok, I'll stop putting my life on hold when I have daycare kids. Then I got pregnant with twins and took a different DCB with me to my DD's ENT appointment and 2 of my OB appointments (meetings, not exams - no clothes came off) and that DCM got upset that I was taking him out "all the time", even though I had a signed permission slip and she knew well in advance. So, some parents like for you to get out and about and others do not.

Since I have them sign a Transportation Permission Slip during enrollment, I just let them know at drop-off it we plan to go anywhere. However, a couple months ago, the tornado sirens went off moments after it started hailing. I got the kids in the basement and then, I texted the mom to let her know that we were in the basement. The reason I did this was because, God forbid, the tornado hit the house and we would need to be dug out, at least someone would know where we were located. Also, if she was hearing the sirens, at least she would know that we had gotten to our "safe" place.

If you have a blanket field trip permission slip, then you don't have to notify her. But, if you don't and this is a big issue for her, she might start looking elsewhere. Tough decision. But it sounds like you already know where you stand, so go with that. Your business, your house, your rules. Period.