View Single Post
Janet 10:44 AM 06-16-2010
I don't have a cell phone and even if I did, I don't get reception where I live, so a cell phone is pointless. OK, I'll be honest, even if I had a cell phone with good reception, I probably would have it off or I would lose it or I would just not even answer it. I hate talking on the phone as it is! I screen my phone calls big time. A parent couldn't get in touch with me even if they wanted to during the day if I'm outside of my yard. I have a blanket permission slip that I have them sign that covers every outing that we take, planned or unplanned. I may tell them in advance that we'll be doing this or that, but I just let them all know that I tend to change my plans from time to time. I've never had an issue with it because I tell them in advance that sometimes our plans change. During the spring and summer, we go places every single week (we pick up litter from the bike paths and throughout different neighborhoods and we go to garage sales once a week). The only time I ever mention it is if I don't know a kid's schedule and it interferes with our departure or arrival time. It comes down to trusting me enough to do my job and so far, all of my parents have.