View Single Post
Unregistered 12:10 PM 02-24-2011
I'm a registered user... just not sure if dcp reads this forum or not...

I took on a family in Jan.. that seemed like a good fit.. it took the child a couple weeks to adjust but the child is really GREAT... it's the dcps. I'm having a hard time dealing with some issues with them. They are divorced and the custody agreement is mom gets this child one week and dad gets next.

So, it started on dcm week, the 3rd week together (of course after our trail period is over) that Monday our schools didn't have classes so dcm informed me that she was taking her other children shopping and was still bringing the child (no biggie) but she was late picking her up because was out shopping and needed to stop at one more place. Then dcm walks in and informs me that she has an appointment on her next week that she has the child and that she will won't be picking up until 5:45 - 6pm... I informed her that I close at 5:30 that day every week due to my own children's activities...she informed me that "I need to work with her and that she will have the time changed from now on".. I didn't really say anything as I was a little taken back that dcm didn't really care... (she's also asked about getting dcd time schedule of pick-up and drop-off times on his weeks)

The next week dcd is sick one day and doesn't give any notification (which I understand) if the child is coming the next day or not so I called him later in the evening and ask if he's bring the child the next morning.. he told me he would call back-up provider and see and call me back. No phone call back, no text (as I tried to to text twice).. I get up at 6 and wait.. didn't receive notification until 7 am (an hr after drop off time) that they were not going to be at my house at 6 am and he still didn't know if this child was coming that day... I didn't receive another text until 9:30 am that was informing me she wasn't coming.

On dcm week..dcm walks in and asks about the week before and why the child was not in care... I guess the back-up provider lied and stated that "I told this person the child couldn't come"... yeah, I never stated that! The appointment never happens as we got a lot of snow that day..but she bought it back up about me giving her extended time the Friday before.

Dcd week - my own child gets sick.. I stay open 2 out of the 3 days my child is sick and my back-up person offered to keep my own child in my room away from kids..but dcd decides not to bring the child all 3 days .... one of which he tells me he "doesn't know about tomorrow" he'll have to let me know later... I tried calling at 8 - 9 pm and texting and no answer.. so after a LONG night with my own son I get up at 6 and wait AGAIN... this time I get a phone call at 7 am (an hour after drop off time) he does say he was sorry (as he woke up late) but the child was not coming...(oh and I receive a phone call from dcm wanting to know about why this child is not in my care.. and she was upset)

Dcm week- the parent brings child with a nasty cough (really bad!).. I allow the child to come (BIG MISTAKE!) that day as dcm tells me that she is taking her to doc later (I found out from dck that dcm gave this child medicine for the cough).. I had to notify mom that the cough had gotten really bad by phone in the afternoon.. well dcm was more concerned about the next day and that the child had missed so many days already and that they are paying for these days (also, daycare child lets me know that dcm is home with another persons sick child! as Mom Does Not Work).. well I receive a phone call later that night that the child will not be coming the next day.. so when child returns a couple days later at nap she throws up, I send home and she doesn't return. (Mom fought me on my illness policy - that states the child can come with a slight cough... and that she has to pay for days her child is not in care. Plus when child threw up she fought me stating that it probably was from cough.. or it's mucus coming up)

Our current week - the child has not been here at all this week... Mon and Tue - school was closed so dcd took the child to someone else, Wed - now my own child is sick, again... I closed yesterday but offered dcd to stay open and my back provider was going to keep my own child separate (which dcd seemed upset on the phone when I notified him and decided not to bring the child) and today I was open and my back-up provider was going to take care of my child in another room away from daycare kids (and dcd seemed still upset, and I apologized many times and didn't bring the child)

I'm not sure what to do.. this month alone this dck has been gone 10 out of 20 days. (2 of the ten I was closed.. so really 8 days) I know when I see dcm she's going to be upset about this week. All of the days other than 2 (when the child was sick) was a choice of either parent. I'm really ready to term... dcm wants to fight over everything in my contract/policy. Dcd is upset about my own child being sick. I try to provide services when my own children are sick but sometimes it just doesn't seem to work out. ( I really can't control my own child getting sick). I also gave this family a break for rates (as they where my first to interview) and now I have 4 other families.

I'm stressed over the many things a week, which I know my own child has to do with some of them. This isn't all of the issues... it's not payment both of the parents are really good about paying when asked and the dad is known for paying early. I don't feel like this is going to work full term for them and me. Please help.. can I term or no? I really can't afford to lose the money (even if it's $25 lower per week than anyone around... which is MY fault!) If I were to do a rate increase the only one it would hurt is dcd.

Like, I said.. it's not the child... Please Help!! Sorry once again for it being SOO Long!