View Single Post
momofboys 06:10 PM 04-28-2011
Yes confront her if you are willing to work those hours & yes that is too low. That is a super-long day & you need to be compensated much better than that. First off I would tell mom you didn't realize how long of a day it really was & you based your prices on her work hours not the actual care hours. Because of the 14.5 hr days (YIKES!) that is close to 2 regular care days IMO or at least worth 1.5 days of pay for each day of care. I would tell her you underestimated the rate since you were unaware of the care hours. I would say the rate needs to be at least $70.00/day (if not more) for that long of a day-truly that is a full-time work week even though it is compressed into 3 days. I would also say you are not willing to drive that far to pick up from school, it's the bus or not at all. You will really get tired of treking to school everyday, especailly with that distance & the gas costs not to mention lugging other kids up everyday & disrupting them from napping. Not worth it. I live 2 miles from our elementary school & I don't do it.