View Single Post
kiddiecare 06:59 AM 12-13-2009
I agree with chickenhauler, no way would i make excuses to them of why they are being enforced to obligate the contract they signed when enrolling, they know what they agreed to, be careful giving any discounts even during the 'holidays' especially to a family that already thinks you are overpaid..Now if you have a family that is respectful and on time dropping off, picking up and paying all the time then id consider giving a discount otherwise no way..
And for the 'monthly' payments? I've tried hourly,weekly and monthly. Hourly no way no how never again! Monthly? Way to much paper work for me and confusion to the parents, not all months are equal in the amount of days and weeks so you'd have to give invoices out to 'remind' parents what they owe. I have found that making parents pay one week in advance of care every week has eleminated a lot of confusion on their part and a lot of stress on mine. At first i worried that the parents couldnt or wouldnt do a weekly fee in advance but then i thought 'hey, they know they have a daycare bill, they can budget it in and pay me every week regardless of what their pay schedule is'. And guess what? It has worked, no more late payments (thanks to the increased $20 late fee) and now i know i am working for $ instead of wondering if I'll get paid, now if there is a problem and someone doesnt pay me i can stop them at the door and say 'no pay no stay'. i havent had to do that yet but yes i would if i had to.