View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 03:10 PM 01-31-2012
I offer evening and weekend care but not overnight. I'd have to be awake during the hours that the kids were sleeping, either that or have an assistant do it (as per licensing, can't sleep on the job ... not even during nap-time).

The only takers I get during the week is Fridays usually for date nights, sometimes I have parents take night classes and they ask for evening hours a few night a week. Mostly I get takers on weekends. Sometimes parents have to work extra hours or they get invited to the occasional wedding or adult party and no kids are allowed.

I charge a flat $5 per hour fee for evenings and weekends. The evening/weekend rate starts at 6pm Monday-Friday and on Saturday and Sundays it's all day. I also have a 4 minimu of 4 hours paid, meaning that the child has to be in care for a minimum of 4 hours or I at least get paid the $20 minimum even they aren't. If a client already has a child here during the day those hours count towards the 4 hour minimum. Overall it works great for me. They just have to understand that evening and weekend care is not a typical day. We'll watch movies, go on errands etc. The kids will do whatever my family and I do. It's much less structured.