View Single Post
TwinKristi 08:21 PM 03-17-2014
I know some of you interview and have a wait list, how does this work? I have been getting calls for infants a lot lately. Some FT, some PT. I had an interview for a FT infant last week who would have started next week. I didn't hear back and got another call about an infant 1 day a week and someone else who wants 2 days a week and thought that may be better than nothing right now. Well I emailed the FT mom and said I understand if she's chosen someone else but wanted to gauge her interest in my program before wasting my time interviewing if she's interested in the spot. Someone else emails me about a FT infant, my neighbor got the same email so she referred her to me since she's full. I set up an interview for next Tues, someone else was coming by Monday for a PT spot. Then I got the email back from the first mom that she wants to pick up the paperwork and start FT on Monday. so now I have 2 interviews next week, the PT may actually work out well but the FT would put me over on Thur-Fri during 2wks, April 20-May 7. So 4 days. I don't want to be over ratio but I don't know, I feel compelled to do this interview. My neighbor is pushing me to just be over for those 4 days but I just don't know. I currently have all 18+ mos kids and a 4 month old starting Mon. I really don't want to be full let alone over ratio. I like keeping my numbers low, 2 spots are my own kids and 1 is shared by 2 kids, one before and one after school and their spots will change come summer break.
Do I let them know I don't have a spot anymore and see if they still want to interview, keep the interview and then let them know after and offer a spot on the waiting list? Do I gauge their interest in the spot and then decide?