View Single Post
E Daycare 05:43 PM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Sure they are easy if nothing goes wrong. It's the day something goes wrong when it's not so easy after all.

Medication given by inhalation are VERY serious medications. The provider needs to understand the medication, the importance of properly adminstering them as ordered, the knowledge of when to administer the medication if there is a window of time and an "as needed" decision, AND the very serious side effects of each medication.

I don't feel comfortable doing them in my setting. If a provider feels they are easy peasy and doesn't have a lick of problems with them then the kids who need them need to go to that provider. That's not me I don't have the luxury of not knowing the seriousness of these medications.
I dont know much about them and have never worked with them at all. The dcm has already informed me dcg does not like them and she has to hold her down to do them and wait for dcg to fall asleep to do a session properly. So Im kinda iffy about it from that standpoint too. I dont want to have to hold down a baby to give meds for a period of time, especially when I have active toddlers running around. If she needs a dose every 4 hrs and shes here 10hrs a day (typical if not more of this child) then I will have to "wrestle" with her at least 2 times a day (well, maybe "wrestle" with her once a day if shes napping for the other dose).

I dont know all the details on it really as shes supposed to be on these treatments since last Friday but the mom hasnt brought in the machine to show me so Im also wondering if its really a big concern to her or if its a matter of the state paying her back as well. I know this, I wont write off on anything I dont do.

Homey dont play that.