View Single Post
Stacy214 10:30 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by gbcc:
It's true you are in a position due to lack of contract. I would have made her sign it as soon as your computer was functioning or at least written up a notice by hand.

I would not refund the money though. On the other side of things, why would they give you money if they did not know and agree to this contract? They just felt like over paying you for 6 weeks? No I don't think so lol! They will need a good reason for giving you that amount of money if it was not for a deposit. As far as paying a month in advance. They should have known that they were changing daycares before they paid you so that is all on them I would think. As far for you not finishing off the time agreed upon it sounds like you had no choice for the safety of the other children.
I absolutely agree 100% I probably wouldn't refund the money, and take a risk with what the attorney said. It's worth a shot. Absolutely chalk it up to a lesson learned, sorry it happened. I always try to see the good in people and sometimes we get burned.