View Single Post
mom2many 10:13 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I'm not saying you are going to go to the bank if you are offering services only to kids who YOU think don't need a nap. I'm saying that you will make bank if you offer services to the kids who have PARENTS who say they don't need a nap.

If you marketed your daycare that you don't do ANY naps for any kid of any age unless parents request the nap you would have people knocking your door down to get in. There are LEGIONS of parents out there who want their kid up ALL........... DAY.............. LONG.
PLEASE FORGIVE ME.. I did not take the time to read through all of the posts and I would like to say, that I did agree with Joyce and Crystal, but find this particular post to be absolutely ridiculous!

In all of the years and experience I've had, I find this to be complete and utter nonsense! Are you kidding?!?! I have NEVER had a parent want their child to be over tired and be knocking down my door b/c they want their child up all day. I think it's extremely condescending to parents to say this is their desire and to even imply that it would have monetary value marketing this is silly! I have NEVER known a parent who wants their child having melt downs and being over tired when they pick them up.

I was doing daycare in my home when all 3 of my own children gave up naps between the ages of 2 and 3. Yes, they fought it and yes, I had them lay down to rest. They did not sleep though. They did have early bed times and it was NOT so that I could get rid of my children. My youngest would willingly and often ask to go to bed around 8 pm.

I often have 2, 3 or 4 yo that will not fall asleep and I have never looked upon "nap time" as "my time off". I will have them lay down and watch a movie, read a book or play quietly, but it's a time for the house to be quiet, so that those napping can rest and sleep if they need it.

I open at 7am and close at 6pm and have for many years. I watch children 0-12 yo and with that comes flexibility and accommodating many different situations...some that nap and some that don't!