View Single Post
mom2many 12:13 PM 11-06-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I can't imagine having 2, 3, and 4 year olds up at nap. I can't imagine working an eleven hour day without a LONG break in the afternoon. I don't know how you do it. I know for sure I couldn't manage it.

I guess it's like everything else in life...if it's what you are used to and okay with, then it's no biggie! I do have to stay organized and utilize every spare moment I have to keep things running smooth, but I don't consider my days stressful or difficult w/o having this break. It's not like everyone is up running around...it's "quiet time" and even the S/A kids know that they need to be respectful to those that are napping. Sometimes the non-nappers watch a movie, color or simply play quietly. I can sweep the floor, wash up lunch dishes or do paperwork. "My" time starts at 6 pm! That's when I relax!!!

I have NEVER had an assistant either to help me clean, interact with the dcks or take care of other dc duties either. I have never felt the need to hire anyone and am completely fine with taking care of everything myself. I do relish the fact that my hubby was able to go on early retirement and helps me now with the transportation, so I don't have to load kids in and out of my Suburban. Now that is HUGE!