View Single Post
Heidi 03:53 PM 08-31-2012
I just slide mine to the middle of the counter during the meal (a penninsula, accessible from both sides), then it goes into the dishwasher (or I hand wash it, depending on the knife) when the kids dishes do.

My children are seated at the table during the meal, and I do not leave a step stool out, and I am sitting with them. So, I GUESS I could fall asleep at the table and they could sneak over quietly and stab someone or themselves violently. , or go hog wild and whip up a chopped salad while I'm snoring....

I guess one option is to get rid of all my sharp knives and only use butter knives...then there'd be no risk at all.

Seriously-These children have to live in the real world, don't they? Sure, I'll cover my outlets and gate my stairs and lock up my medicines. But I guarantee that no matter WHAT I come up with, some little kid is going to be smarter and get around it.

My friend once found her 2 year old (now 19) on TOP of the refrigerator...there were Teddy Grahams in the cupboard. I found the same kid on TOP of a 10' pile of oil cans at Menards. I have no idea how he survived childhood.