View Single Post
Unregistered 12:05 PM 01-15-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
First off, he doesn't have a TV in his room, nor would we allow that. Second, we do have a set routine of bath, books, then bedtime between 7:30 and 8 and he sleeps for about 11-12 hours. Even if he gets as little as a 25 minute nap during the day, he will inevitably refuse his bedtime and be up playing in his room til 10 or later, no matter how much we try to discipline him. Maybe the routine nap will make him less cranky at times if he was willing to take it (I admit he can be a pill some times), but his required 2.5 hour preschool nap time seems ridiculously long. I got about a 30-45 minute nap at his age and rarely would sleep the duration. The quiet playtime at his school appears to be lip service as the teachers seem to snap at kids who aren't laying their heads down and sleeping. I'm uncomfortably certain when my son tries to play quietly or read his books, he's yelled at to lay down and that's messed up. When did the preschool teachers begin taking 2.5 hour lunch times? Seems like any more than one hour is is a waste of valuable learning time and my money. We're already paying the price of a college tuition but yet these preschools appear to be teaching much less than when I was a child, and adding an extra hour and half adds insult to injury. If my son got an associates degree from the two years of paying a college tuition, I wouldn't probably complain, but he's obviously not. This mandate really needs some refinement as it is making my son not want to go to school since he's routinely getting yelled at for wanting to read his books or draw during quiet time, which accounts for ALMOST HALF THE TIME HE's AT SCHOOL.
Oh my goodness.... With a laundry list that long of grievances, I have to wonder what kind of parent continues to allow their child to attend such a terrible place?!