View Single Post
My Lil' Monkeys 10:26 AM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That's a drag Maybe you could just tell mom that she can be there but would automatically get bumped if someone else comes along and needs the space. I always tell my part-timers that full-time ALWAYS gets priority over part-time regardless of how long I may have had a family...give mom the ooportunity to pay for the space so she can have it guaranteed. Boy, those ratio rules make it hard for families who have Kindergarteners because unless someone has daycare on Fridays only, how do parents find care just for Friday....
I know I very new to this and I didn't think ahead (like I needed too) to let them know that if I had the chance of bringing in a full timer she would get bumped. I'm going to let Mom and Dad know asap about the change and I'm going to create a different contract to have them sign just for her. When this family first did an interview it was just for the 3 yr old and 2 days before they where suppose to start Mom called and asked if I could take in the 6 yr old. Which not thinking I said "yes". (I know very stupid of me!!) Trust me I've learned my lesson! They only came for a week in Dec but the 3 yr old starts full time first week in Jan. and I think they'll have enough time if I let them know about the change.