View Single Post
Gigi 06:54 AM 10-17-2011
Hi there,

Sorry been quite busy lately, so here are my two cents on starting and maintaining a website for your daycare:

1. Get the domain name - Michael is right on in getting the domain name even if you do use a free website like weebly or wordpress... It establishes your identity, and from a parent's point of view - would be more professional too.

2. Highly recommend having a blog instead of just a website. You can include some daily tips on childcare on a weekly or bi-weekly basis and make sure you include your target keywords in the body of your post and your title post whenever you can. If you have a daycare in Atlanta, Georgia for example: having keywords show up twice or thrice per post "daycare in Atlanta" will help your website/ blog go up in Google search if someone types in those keywords.

3. In relation to no. 2 - two good blogging platforms to use is Blogger and Wordpress.com - with wordpress you can buy your chosen domain theme if available... But, I think you can get it cheaper at GoDaddy.com if it's available. In wordpress.com - I think it's about $10.00 and above a year.

4. Cover the basic pages or Navigation Tab:
- Brief overview/ history of your daycare
- WHO YOU ARE, your credentials
- Some photos of the play area
- Contact us info with Google map (listing your business in Google local directories is also a great way of getting your site up in the search pages)
- Rates, Sample Day Sked and Downloadable contract in PDF (to sample)
- A link to your facebook page and twitter too if possible.

Hope this helps anyone starting here!