View Single Post
Thetotspot 01:29 PM 08-08-2013
i opened up my daycare 13 months in hopes of providing absolutely wonderful quality care. problem is i opened in a small town of 650 people. one provider in town passed away and i did get a couple new clients from her. but things have been very difficult for this past year. i rent a place in town that costs me a total of $460/month plus about a hundred a week for food (as we do all fresh fruits and vegetables and are gluten free). but for seven months i have had no calls at all...except my neighbor saying he is bringing his kids here but he doesnt...so thats a whole nother story. i only have two children now that school has started...and will only be bringing in maybe $500/month. now this has happened on and off...the kids fluctuate. but my problem is i have been open more than a year and am paying to keep this place open. of course another daycare in the area is dirt cheap and is double their capacity in children...but nobody is doing anything about it. so today...i feel like throwing in the towel. i love the children...but im paying to care for them...and i just cant handle the financial stress any more! i dont know what to do!

i live seven miles south of town...so i cant do even unlicensed care there as the parents def arent going that far out and im afraid to offer pickup and dropoff in town as that could lead to a whole other set of problems and liabilities. what would you do in this situation? my children are both in school now...so a part time job is definitely a possibility (but id prefer to still care for children i just dont think it will happen).