View Single Post
Unregistered 05:48 PM 11-12-2015
Originally Posted by DBug:
That's exactly what I was wondering (although I sure did go about it in a round-about way ). I would hate for a close friend to be investigated for something completely innocent, when I could have warned her that something she was doing might be seen as reportable, kwim?

One more question for everyone: would it be okay for a child who normally bathes with his/her mother, to also bathe with his/her step dad or with mom's boyfriend (or girlfriend, just to be pc)?
That actually kind of makes me really sad that step parents are lumped in with boyfriends and girlfriends. My husband is not my first childs biological father. I was... not always a good person it's true. But my husband... when we got together he was good to me, and believed in me. He saw in me what nobody else had and he makes me a better person. When we found out that I was pregnant (we were engaged shortly after this discovery and to be honest I'd known the guy for 4 years so it wasn't like I didn't know him please don't misunderstand), he's been my daughters daddy since before we knew she was a girl. He has never seen her as anything other than his own, flesh and blood or not. And to be honest we don't ever tell people that she isn't biologically his kid and it's hilarious how many people say that she looks like her daddy (obviously untrue she is the spitting image of mommy lol). Point is I know there are some bad step parents out there but then there are men like my husband and he really deserves an award. It takes a lot of love and courage to raise someone elses kid, and it takes a lot of love to see them as your own even when the world considers you less than a parent because the child isn't the fruit of your OWN loins. If anything it endears him to me even more.