View Single Post
sleepinghart 07:30 AM 04-27-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm registered, but logged out for privacy purposes.

I'm wondering how you would all proceed in the following situation:
-I have a parent that has made chronically late payments (nearly all in the 3+ months of care have been late (in my contract, it is requested the day before service; I generally receive it at the end of the first day of care).
-I've given a reminder most of those times
-Last week only a partial payment was made, and a deadline was sent for the small amount that was still due. The deadline for that payment was missed.
-I've also had to give many reminders about other policies. I feel like I'm very frequently in a position of having to remind myself to send reminders (I'd really like to get away from doing this. It really is a wasteful task).
-I sent a very professional, but direct email on Saturday morning reminding mom of the policy and that, going forward, it would be strictly enforced.
-Mom was displeased with my email, and found me unhelpful. The conversation felt somewhat tense, and I stated that we needed to speak in person or on the phone before the first day of care (Wed). I explained the importance of positive communication and relationships, and I'm truly not comfortable inviting the family back into my home until we have a conversation without children present. I'm far more concerned about this turn in our communication than I am the late payments or need for frequent reminders.

I haven't heard back from mom, and I feel as though (a) my flexibility was taken advantage of and (b) I truly hate nagging and don't want to continue to do so. I'm feeling inclined to terminate care, but I want to be fair and not be too hasty. I LOVE the child (definitely a highlight of our week when she is here), and I really do adore mom, too. I just feel as though our business arrangement may not be working. Do really DON'T want to send a reminder that we need to speak, because this is exactly what I want to stop doing.

What would you do?
(^bolding^ by me)
~I doubt you will ever see them again(now, she may contact you some time in the future regarding a refund though). She probably has no intention of bringing her child back into your care on Wednesday, or ever, so that's why you haven't heard back...no need to have a talk if you're not going back(in her mind of course). I do wish you the best however!