View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:19 AM 08-25-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm sorry, but, as a parent, I do know there us a direct correlation between nap times at 4+ and bed times. My daughter does not nap at home and goes to bed easily by 9pm at the latest. All week we struggle to get her to bed by 10:30. Common link, 2-3 hour nap. If a child is placed on a mat in the a quiet place with soft music and so are all the others kids, of course that are going to sleep. Monkey see monkey do with a group of kids. I see no reason why there can't be a dedicated room for the older kids to have quiet time activities.
I'm sorry, but this is forced behavior and can be modified easily. We do it at home with no issues.
As for jumping all over the guy for dtopping in at nap time, get over it. It's his right to check in at any time. He pays to be there and that's his right as a parent whether it upsets your staff or not.

Who supervises the children while they are in separate/different rooms?

What you do at home with no issue has NO bearing on what providers do with a group of children that are usually a mixed age group too...that's comparing apples to oranges.

As for stopping in at nap time, sure....he ABSOLUTELY has that right. But I also have the right to terminate a parent that disrespectfully puts their needs/wants ahead of the GROUP of children's needs. This dad is MORE than welcome to stop by, but he needs take his child with him when he leaves.

Assuming that payment equates to being in charge is the silliest notion I have ever heard of. Just because you pay does NOT give you the right to dictate how someone runs their business. He pays for his CHILD to be there. He does NOT pay to be there himself.

The amount of unhealthy, untrue and ridiculous information posted in this thread by parents is laughable but sad at the same time.

Instead of trying to dictate how a group providers manages her daily routine, your time would be more effective if you focused on managing your issues with sleep and naps. If your child is getting 2-3 hours of nap and it's causing issues for you, why would you leave your child in a program that isn't suited for her?

As a parent that is your duty and obligation.