View Single Post
SnowGirl 09:50 AM 11-17-2019
Ugh, my freaking husband has me doubting the waiving of the 2 week period because he thinks me waiving something from the contract is me admitting fault and that if I do that, this mom (if she's crazy enough) can sue me for inadequate care and say that I invalidated my contract.

So here's what my letter says: "The two week notice period stipulated in the signed contract is waived. The [omitted] family owes no balance."

And the full paragraph regarding termination policy in my contract:
Termination of Care
Please inform me in writing if you wish to terminate care. I require two weeks notice and you will be
required to pay for two weeks regardless of whether or not your child is attending day care.
If I terminate care for your child I will provide two weeks notice. If there are unresolved health and/or
safety concerns, I reserve the right to terminate care immediately and without notice.
If behavior issues exist that affect the safety and routine of the childcare, the following steps will be
followed:
1) I will work with the child according to my discipline policy. With persistent issues, I will inform
you during pickup and suggest you work with your child at home as well.
2) If the issue continues, I will request a conference with the parents of the child and myself so we
can discuss a behavioral plan of action and goals for improvement.
3) I will request that the child be taken to a mental health professional for assessment and a plan of
action. I will provide a resource list upon request.
4) If the plan of action does not correct the issues, the childcare arrangement will be terminated.