View Single Post
284878 12:27 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by SnowGirl:
I have to have the discipline policy as part of my termination policy in my contract per licensing. That's why I included it.

Mom and dad came to pick up things yesterday, they seemed to be in a much calmer place and I told them I was sorry I couldn't make it work out. I love their son and I will miss their family. The dad was very sincere in that they appreciated all I tried to do with the kids and my love for their child was obvious. The mom was crying and we hugged. So, I think they were just pretty angry and lashing out earlier in the weekend?

Anyway, I said from the start that I was so sorry this happened and I acknowledged that their feelings were valid, and in their shoes I wouldn't feel like this was the right situation for my family. I didn't blame them at all, but I did force the issue of terminating the contract. And in person I told them that when they wrote that they didn't feel safe here and they didn't trust me at my word, I knew that was the end of it. I personally couldn't drop off my baby in an unsafe place for even one more day, and I didn't expect them to either. That's why I termed immediately and refunded the two week notice. The dad was nodding as if in agreement.

So, hopefully that's the end of it. I'm feeling like I was irrational and like I'm a bad provider today. So much guilt and second guessing myself.

I did email licensing and told her what happened. Hopefully it's not going to cause issues for me, since it is basically admitting a child was injured and I didn't see what happened.
If it helps, my DS got bit last week and I didn't see it happen. I was tending to another child when the bitter came over and told me "I bit" and I knew he was playing with/near my DS. Sure enough DS shirt was wet. Luckily he only got the shirt.