View Single Post
dEHmom 08:28 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
And for daycares that call other daycares in the area, that is low and unethical.
how so?

If you don't make your credit card payment, ALL other financial institutions will be fully aware of this when they pull a bureau....

If you don't make your car payments... you will be up for repo, and it'll be on your bureau...

If you don't make your mortgage payments, same thing!

Why shouldn't us child care providers have some sort of information for the parents that are paying us to watch their child???

Why shouldn't we have some protection for our home, income, AND business???

Are we supposed to just accept every rotten parent that walks in the door?

I am not saying you are a rotten parent, and by the sounds of it, you have done nothing wrong, and took the proper steps. But there are many parents out there who refuse to pay a provider, and then when they lose their spot or are terminated, they turn around and try get revenge by shutting the provider down. How is that fair?

Good for you for doing what you needed to do to protect your child. And if they were willing to terminate you for that, then I would look at it as you are out of a very unsafe situation, and one door is shut, another will open. At least this happened BEFORE a serious injury or fatal injury occurred.

eta: FIDDLESTICKS! i have to learn to see the original dates! lol.