Thread: RUDE New Family
View Single Post
nannyde 07:10 AM 10-07-2020
I wouldn't be upset about her texting about him coming Friday. I would think the more the grandma has a break the quicker she is going to want the baby to just come full time to your house. Grandma having the option to back out is now on the table. Also, the baby is most likely mobile which is the number one impetus to get Granny over the responsibility. It's a process but I would guess within a month the grandma will surrender.

Now the Tylenol is hard NO NO NO NO. You need to tell her you don't administer Tylenol except with a Doctor's note and only as a rescue medication to be given should the child spike a high fever and be in the "febrile seizure" range... with the understanding the parent comes IMMEDIATELY to pick the child up.

You must have ALL children attending every day fever free without the aid of antipyretics. You can't assess if a child is fever free if they have pain medication that includes fever reducing medication. It's really dangerous especially during a pandemic. Also, I do not believe Tylenol is a recommended PRN med for teething as it delays the break through of the tooth. Ask Cathearder as she is most likely the most up to date on changing recommendations.

Tylenol is very very hard on the kidneys. Parents believe it's no biggie but it is not good for babies unless ordered by a doctor and followed up with assessments.

Time to get your illness policy shored up before the kid starts full time which will be soon if they are paying for it.