View Single Post
Unregistered 01:12 PM 08-09-2012
I started feeling the exact same way and it really scared me. I guess Nan should start a provider hotline business.

At the end of the school year I took a good long look at what was causing me to feel so overwhelmed and burned out and decided to make some changes. My triggers seem to be the toddler in care and the last hour of the day when I'm just plain exhausted.

I decided to let the toddler go. Her last day is next week and I am counting down. Until her last day I have been keeping her in a baby zone and it has helped tremendously.

I started keeping to a daily routine again and started rotating toys again and the kids are less bored and acting out less. This was something I have been slacking on and it makes a huge difference. Bored kids=behavior issues=me with a short temper.

I changed my hours to close earlier. That last half hour dragged for me and I want more time in the evenings to start dinner and spend with my family.

I've also been taking some time to myself at nap. Just time for me to read a book, fool around on the computer, whatever. Dishes will get done eventually. Taking a break for me is more important.

I'm hoping these changes will make a difference and that you are able to figure out what you need to do to be happier even if it means stopping being a provider and working outside the house.