View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:50 PM 07-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Tom Copeland wrote a blog entry about waivers for liability insurance.
The funny thing is that the person who I was emailing with was not talking about a waiver of liability as in ...

"I _____ the parent of _____ give permission for my child to use all the [Daycare] equipment blah blah blah ... and will be responsible for any medical expenses in cases of injury or medical emergencies.." etc.

He was talking about this form, AFFIDAVIT REGARDING LIABILITY INSURANCE
FOR FAMILY CHILD CARE HOME
, which in CA you are required to have a parent sign if you don't have liability insurance.

When I asked him why it was so important to remove this option he didn't give me a straight answer. When I emailed him back to clarify and ask him how and why this would benefit us providers, if this option would be replaced by another option or if this would force providers to purchase liability insurance he gave me the run around again and instead of answering my questions gave me the whole shpeal again about how provider need to be educated about liability insurance. I emailed him back and said that I just wanted to make sure that this would not require providers to purchase liability insurance and then he never emailed back. Before, he would return my emails within 30 minutes of receiving them ... and now nothing. It just seemed weird.