View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:03 AM 08-11-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a licensed home daycare. I also drive a full size van labeled "Home childcare". This year one of my DCKs will be going to kindergarten at a school I have not picked up at before. I contact administration to find out procedure and was told only KinderCare can pickup in the bus lane. They will require me and the 7 other children in my care, to park and come in the school to pickup the child just like parents do. I feel this is discrimination. I have a licensed home daycare with a clearly marked vehicle. I pickup at two other local school who have me drive up in the bus lane. I cannot take all 7 little ones out to pickup this child; logistically its not possible. Because of their policy I will not be able to continue care for this child. I am upset! Am I wrong, or are they wrong to give preference to center based childcare?
It's their rule. It's not discrimination.

Anyone can put magnetic signs on their vehicle and claim to be something they aren't. NOT saying you are but I would imagine picking up ONE child is the issue whereas the larger center probably picks up multiple children.

Kind of like a car pool lane....a certain number of pick ups/people would be required to meet the rule.

If they allow you to do it, what would be their reason to not allow a parent to use the bus lane then too?