Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
MomBoss 06:44 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Car seats really aren't meant to be removed daily so parents really should buy more than one if they are both going to regularly pick up.

Just a word of caution too...car seats left on your property adds you into the liability equation so I don't allow ANY car seats to be left here and if parents need to swap seats dad can drive to mom's work and get it or they can switch it out somewhere other than my property.

As for buying seats at garage sales, we are taught to never do that....you have no way of knowing if the safety of the seat was breached due to an accident etc. It's like helmets, never buy something used that is meant to protect your life. Way too risky.

I hear you about the late drop offs... they are definitely disruptive! I am thankful most my clients "can't wait" to drop off their kids so late drop offs aren't a regular thing here.
The carseat is not recalled and if it was in a car accident and damaged, it would be noticable? Ive never bought a new carseat for my son. For every stage I bought one from a thrift store. I even was in a car accident and the carseat did its job. So i dont worry about that at all. Even if they dont want ro buy used, they can just buy another new one. Its reallt not THAT expensive Lol. & especially since its not the same parent picking up everyday, they should really save themselves some hassle and just buy another one.
I wish I put it in my policy about carseats, but I thought everyone was like me and bought more than one. Thankfully I am renewing contracts this month and can make changes!